Recent Posts

Saturday 22 November 2014

From Morning Prayer

Day had almost dawned as Cecilia cried out: ‘Soldiers of Christ, throw off the deeds of darkness and put on your armour as soldiers of the light.’


Psalm 118 DR
145 COPH. I cried with my whole heart, hear me, O Lord: I will seek thy justifications.
146 I cried unto thee, save me: that I may keep thy commandments.
147 I prevented the dawning of the day, and cried: because in thy words I very much hoped.
148 My eyes to thee have prevented the morning: that I might meditate on thy words.
149 Hear thou my voice, O Lord, according to thy mercy: and quicken me according to thy mercy.
150 They that persecute me have drawn nigh to iniquity; but they are gone far off from the law.
151 Thou art near, O Lord: and all thy ways are truth.
152 I have known from the beginning concerning thy testimonies: that thou hast founded them for ever.
153 RES. See my humiliation and deliver me: for I have not forgotten the law.
154 Judge my judgment and redeem me: quicken thou me for thy word's sake.
155 Salvation is far from sinners; because they have not sought thy justifications.
156 Many, O Lord, are thy mercies: quicken me according to thy judgment.
157 Many are they that persecute me, and afflict me; but I have not declined from thy testimonies.
158 I beheld the transgressors, and I pined away; because they kept not thy word.
159 Behold I have loved thy commandments, O Lord; quicken me thou in thy mercy.
160 The beginning of thy words is truth: all the judgments of thy justice are for ever.
161 SIN. Princes have persecuted me without cause: and my heart hath been in awe of thy words.
162 I will rejoice at thy words, as one that hath found great spoil.
163 I have hated and abhorred iniquity; but I have loved thy law.
164 Seven times a day I have given praise to thee, for the judgments of thy justice.
165 Much peace have they that love thy law, and to them there is no stumbling block.
166 I looked to thy salvation, O Lord: and I loved thy commandments.
167 My soul hath kept thy testimonies: and hath loved them exceedingly.
168 I have kept thy commandments and thy testimonies: because all my ways are in thy sight.
169 TAU. Let my supplication, O Lord, come near in thy sight: give me understanding according to thy word.
170 Let my request come in before thee; deliver thou me according to thy word.
171 My lips shall utter a hymn, when thou shalt teach me thy justifications.
172 My tongue shall pronounce thy word: because all thy commandments are justice.
173 Let thy hand be with me to save me; for I have chosen thy precepts.
174 I have longed for thy salvation, O Lord; and thy law is my meditation.
175 My soul shall live and shall praise thee: and thy judgments shall help me.
176 I have gone astray like a sheep that is lost: seek thy servant, because I have not forgotten thy commandments.