Recent Posts

Monday 29 September 2014

A Good Scene

From one of my favorite movies...

Rudy: Maybe I haven't prayed enough.
Father Cavanaugh: I don't think that's the problem. Praying is something we do in our time, the answers come in God's time.
Rudy: If I've done everything I possibly can, can you help me?
Father Cavanaugh: Son, in thirty-five years of religious study, I've come up with only two hard, incontrovertible facts; there is a God, and, I'm not Him.

FYI, my top fifteen favorite movies, not in order:

The Passion of the Christ
Ben-Hur
Lawrence of Arabia
Tree of Wooden Clogs
Little Dorrit
Rudy
The Mission
Gandhi
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Star-Trek Four
Funny Face
A Man for All Seasons
Becket
King Lear with Paul Scofield, Irene Worth, Cyril Cusack because Scofield is brilliant
Random Harvest