Recent Posts

Saturday 30 August 2014

Beyond Words

Many older, even elderly people are being shocked by the news. Some old people told me that they do not want to be around to see the fall of Western Civilization.

At least they recognized this is happening. The vast majority of people, including 40 and unders, I meet daily have no clue, nor do they want to have a clue.

As in the days of Noah, they are acting as if life will continue, as if sinning does not matter.

The sad part of this blindness is that people no longer believe that they are responsible for their own sins.

They psychoanalyze every action in order to exonerate themselves. "Well, I never had Catholic education. Well, my mom was mean and my dad absent. Well, I do not know how to be a Catholic."

Sorry, but adults are responsible for their own faith and the adult appropriation of that faith.

No one is excused unless they are mentally incompetent.

It is beyond my ability to speak or write about the blindness I see daily with regard to people living as if they do not have souls, and there is no afterlife.

Maybe, these people do not care.

God cares.