Recent Posts

Saturday 22 March 2014

Thoughts on Mary This Saturday Morning

The Blessed Virgin Mary experienced the love of the Trinity from the moment of her conception. Her life was on of union with God. She is the true Bride of the Bridegroom. Her entire life on earth was one lived in the complete Presence of God, as she was created without sin, with no faults and no proclivity to sin.

Her complete innocence made her the perfect Mother of the Incarnate Christ. She exuded on earth every virtue, every gift from God.

That she experienced the horror of the Passion and Death of Christ was part of that life of love.

We suffer with those we love. Love binds us to the Beloved in peace, in suffering, in joy.

This Lent, meditate on Our Mother, experiencing through love, the pains of Christ.

Sorrowful Mother, pray for us.


Novena Prayer in Honor of the Sorrows of The Blessed Virgin Mary

The Novena finds it's origin in ancient Church tradition. A Novena is simply any prayer said faithfully for a period of dedicated time. Generally it is said for nine consecutive days, nine Sundays, Fridays or Saturdays, or even nine hours in a row. Novenas have traditionally been known to be very powerful ~ used since the time of the Apostles when most notably, they and the other disciples prayed and fasted for nine days prior to receiving the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentacost. 

Most holy and afflicted Virgin, Queen of Martyrs, you stood beneath the cross, witnessing the agony of your dying Son. Look with a mother's tenderness and pity on me, who kneel before you. I venerate your sorrows and I place my requests with filial confidence in the sanctuary of your wounded heart. Present them, I beseech you, on my behalf to Jesus Christ, through the merits of His own most sacred passion and death, together with your sufferings at the foot of the cross. Through the united efficacy of both, obtain the granting of my petition. To whom shall I have recourse in my wants and miseries if not to you, Mother of Mercy? You have drunk so deeply of the chalice of your Son, you can compassionate our sorrows. Holy Mary, your soul was pierced by a sword of sorrow at the sight of the passion of your Divine Son. Intercede for me and obtain for me from Jesus (mention request) if it be for His honor and glory and for my good. Amen.