Recent Posts

Sunday 16 March 2014

Challenge to British Readers

What has happened at the Catholic Herald?

Once the best of a bad lot of Catholic publications in Great Britain, the Catholic Herald is beginning to sound more and more like The Tablet.

Perhaps it is time for a group of Catholics who are Catholics to begin a new Catholic newspaper or journal.

I would be glad to help any English person who is interested in setting up a really new paper which has an editiorial policy of printing Catholic news from a Catholic point of view.

Anyone interested? I want to start a Catholic newspaper in Great Britain which is really Catholic. I want this to be the vanguard news source for Catholic issues, full of excellent Catholic commentary and articles by such good priests who celebrate the TLM.

Any takers? Are there any donors out there who would help with this venture? I can start with a website, but I need a donor.

Perhaps the collapse of the last really Catholic newspaper is a sign either that a new one is necessary, or that is the age of the news blog.

Ideas, comments?  Many think this age is, indeed, of electronic newspaper. What do you all think?

I want to start up a website newspaper for English consumption. Who will help with this? We would need a person in Rome, to start with....and money. I would, as you all know, be willing to relocate to the EU asap.

I think paper is not the way to go....

Perhaps, that the CH is in demise as a really Catholic paper, shows that the electronic media is the only means of reading really Catholic news and opinion.