Recent Posts

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Why are liberals so touchy?

I accidentally used the term "Obamacare" in a conversation with a Catholic and WWIII almost happened. Wow! I was told that was a totally pejorative term, not to be used by loyal supporters of POTUS. I was told I was a Republican, which I am not, (an Independent, of course), and I was accused of not caring about the poor, which is a joke, of course, as I am extremely poor.

Liberals react to words instead of waiting and discussing why a word may be perjorative. Can we not enter into discussions without this instant heat of offense being taken, which ends all chances of objective, rational discussion.

The conversation ended with the person walking away saying that other good presidents, such as FDR, was not liked, either. We were not discussing presidents, we were discussing the ACA.

I did not start the conversation, btw. I would loved to have heard this person's opinion of the Duck Dynasty furor, but I guess that will have to wait.

And Anita is on a roll this week.....


Anita Moore has left a new comment on your post "Why are liberals so touchy?": 

...sigh, people around here have an Obama chip on their shoulders.

I thought that was an Iowa thing. At least, that's what it says in The Music Man!

Oh, there's nothing halfway about the Iowa way to treat you, if we treat you, which we may not do at all!

There's an Iowa kind of special chip-on-the-shoulder attitude we've never been without that we recall!