Recent Posts

Saturday 23 November 2013

Padre Pio Day-One


As readers know, every once in awhile I need to do a Padre Pio day. Well, today and tomorrow are the days this month.  Here are some great quotations from this timely saint. More tomorrow.....

" A soul who trusts in the Lord and place all its hope in him has nothing to fear. The enemy of our salvation is always around us to snatch from our hearts the anchor that is to lead us to salvation, by which I mean trust in God our Father. Let us keep a firm hold on this anchor and not relinquish it for a single moment."

"Hoe in God and expect everything that is good from him. Don't dwell on what the enemy presents to you...stop thinking of it and turn to God. Bend your knee before him and with the greatest humility say this short prayer, 'Have mercy on me a poor weakling.'"

"I am oppressed by the uncertainty of my future, but I cherish the lively hope of seeing my dreams fulfilled because the Lord cannot place thoughts and desires in a person's soul if he does not really intend to fulfill them, to gratify these longings which he alone has caused."

Is this not a good thought, that the real desires of our heart are from God? Thank you, Padre Pio.