Recent Posts

Sunday 17 November 2013

OTR



Here I am saying goodbye to Mundelein Seminary. Today, the song for the Introit was a hopeful message for me and all of us.

God proclaims for all to hear: "Listen to my wisdom: I  consider peace for you and not your affliction. When you call upon my name I will hear and help you, I will bring you home from lands When your captors held you. Lord, you favored once your land, Brought back Jacob's fortunes and for gave your people's sins, Pardoned their transgressions. You withdrew from them your wrath, Turned from your hot anger. Now restore us, saving God, Let your rage not linger. Mercy , love and faithfulness Have met in God's presence; Peace and justice have embraced, Have become one essence. Faithfulness springs from the earth; Justice rains profusely And shall walk before your God; Peace shall follow closely. Glory to the Triune God: Praises to the Father; Praises also to the Son, Who became our brother; Sing the Holy Spirit's praise, Peaceful dove descending; As at first it was is now, And will soon be unending.

I last sang this in England.