Recent Posts

Saturday 19 October 2013

If you are in Malta....and in the Middle Sea

A friend of mine treated me to lunch at Rampila's today.

I can easily state that so far, this is my favorite restaurant in Malta. I am a retiring sort of person and to eat in silence without a band or canned music, in a cool place away from the hustle of Valletta, was a really calming experience. Also the sailboat race, which I missed the last two times I was in Malta, started today. I saw about half of the sailing ships go out of the Grand Harbor. 

For sailboat fiends, read this....http://www.rolexmiddlesearace.com/index.cfm  and a video of last year on the site here http://www.rolexmiddlesearace.com/index.cfm . Here is the last update I could find.

At 1500 local time on Day One, the Rolex Middle Sea Race tracker shows Morning Glory leading on the water, about a mile ahead of Alegre both yachts are averaging over 12 knots. The biggest ever edition of the Rolex Middle Sea Race is now underway. The race is notorious for producing surprises, so expect the unexpected.