Recent Posts

Friday 19 July 2013

For New Readers-Posts on Charismatics



Scott Hahn, once a charismatic himself, told me the charismatic movement was one lane coming into the church and six going out. What is the calculus for Catholic youth ministries? How many lanes in? How many lanes out? quotation from Austin Ruse, President of C-Fam http://goo.gl/NK3kv

See my posts on charismatics. Youth ministries which are heretical are too many too mention.

01 Jun 2013
No disrespect intended, but I think you're portraying charismatics in a bad light (I'm not one, just so you know). All of the charismatics I've known love the Church and desire to learn theology and (good) philosophy.
01 Jun 2013
The arrogance of so many lay leaders of the charismatic renewal is staggering, especially when so many lack the basic necessary level of orthodoxy, that is, obedience to the teachings of the Church. I have met charismatics ...
28 May 2013
Second, charismatics here undermine consistently the authority of the Church by practicing so-called healing and deliverance outside the normal channels of the hierarchy. Not only does this indicate a disobedience in the ...
31 May 2013
Against the Charismatics Again: Garrigou-Lagrange on Revelations. Posted by Supertradmum. I should have read this last year to strengthen my many articles against false seers, but many of his points I came to as well.

17 Sep 2012
Last year when I was in Walsingham for three months, I met many Catholic charismatics. One of the things I noticed was that they were using regularly the long version of the "Prayer Against Satan and Rebellious Angels ...
13 Jun 2013
So many Catholics, especially charismatics, think suffering is to be avoided. I have never heard a charismatic say that suffering is a good and may be an indication of the Dark Night or purgation of the senses and spirit.
04 Jun 2013
This is an important point and where charismatics go off. .... The charismatics do not see that God allows pain for purification. I have heard charismatics say that if a person is not healed or is in pain, there must be sin. Of course ...