Recent Posts

Sunday 7 April 2013

The Doctor of the Church Series and Perfection Update

I need to finish this series soon. I do not always have access to the Net. I hope you are enjoying it as well as learning much. Isidore of Seville will be completed tomorrow.


There are only a few to cover. By the way, I do not know anyone who has followed perfection in the Doctors of the Church. I would be interested in making this into a book, if someone could help me do so very soon. Thanks for thinking about this.


Here are the ones left to do. The great Jesuits, Robert Bellarmine and Peter Canisius, Alphonsus Liguori, and finishing up with John of the Cross, which is appropriate, and somewhat of a repetition, but necessary for the perfection discussion.

I shall briefly return to Garrigou-Lagrange at the end of the series.


By the way, please pray for me, as I have been very ill for two days going into a third, with respiratory problems started by an allergy to smoke from wood fires in Devon. Sadly, I cannot be around these. I actually missed Mass this morning, which is very serious for me, as I was too ill to go to Church. Thank you.