Recent Posts

Tuesday 22 January 2013

For my single female traditional friends


Click on the video link below.

I write this for you.

Two things have led to a great insight in my life and I want to share this in sight with the small group of talented, beautiful, intelligent, traditional women who I know and love. You know who you are.

As you know, I, too am single and have been for a long time.



Starting with the second thing, in the reading and listening of some poetry, I realized from the author that my not desired single state was part of my walk towards perfection.

Now, singleness is a sad default of the present generations and not a natural state. We should either be in community or married. God did not intend anyone to be alone. That is one reason I went to the nuns. I cried last week when I left them again, especially after one said, "We shall get you in somehow yet." But, the Benedictine Rule cannot be bent. And, it should not be. That weakens a community

There are no vows, no promises, no challenges day by day in the single life, which can easily fall into a narcissistic  me centred existence.

In The Hound of Heaven, Francis Thompson writes, as if God is speaking to him (as in personal meditation);

And human love needs human meriting:
How has thou merited--
Of all man's clotted clay the dingiest clot?
Alack, thou knowest not
How little worthy of any love thou art.
Whom wilt thou find to love ignoble thee,
Save Me, save only Me?

There is more but before I go on, the message is clear.  I am not worthy of human love. My sinful condition has trumped love.


Thompson experienced this humility. And a grace this is. One must be humble to be loved and to love.

 He continues:

All which I took from thee I did but take,
Not for thy harms,
But just that thou might'st seek it in My arms,
All which they child's mistake
fancies as lost, I have stored for thee at home:
Rise, clasp My hand and come.

So ladies, you are on your way to perfection in the absence of human love, as you must seek the personal Saviour Who waits for you. Be serene. Wait.

Read your Scripture daily.



Seek and you shall find, or rather, He will find you.





The first thing is that it is OK to like men who read Jane Austen. But, such guys should shave.......................