Recent Posts

Thursday 6 December 2012

For my Asian readers


Increasingly on this blog, I am receiving readers from the Far East. I have regular readers from Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong,  India, Sri Lanka, Viet Nam, and the Philippines.  First of all, thank you for the attention. Second of all, I cannot tell you how much I admire you. I have none from China, because of the great restrictions on the Internet. God protect you all.

If you are Catholic parents and Christian parents, you cannot teach your children at home except in the Philippines  which has excellent home schooling groups. There is an estimated 4,0000 children being home schooled in that country. They are the leaders of tomorrow in the Church.  This right of every Christian parent is illegal in many of your countries. You cannot find resources as easily as we can for catechesis. If you are married or single, you may not be able to get to daily Mass. Your parishes may not have Adoration.


You live in minority status as Christians, as Catholics. You are the salt of the earth in your pockets of secularization and the increasing open persecution of Christians by other groups who do not know that Jesus is Lord and the beauty of His Mother.

I encourage you all to get together into communities or groups if you have not done so already. Encourage one another. Do not ignore each other. You will need each other even more in days to come.

I pray for you and you pray for me, please. You are the stars in a darkness which Christ Himself overcame. With Him, you are victorious.