Recent Posts

Monday 10 September 2012

September Sky

I have not been giving as many updates for the sky events, such as constellations and planets, as I can hardly see anything from where I have been living.

Jupiter next to the moon was fantastic in the early hours of yesterday. We have had two fairly clear nights, but clouds are moving in. The temperature has dropped 20 Fahrenheit degrees already tonight from earlier today.

If I were in the country, as I was last year at this time, I would be able to see these things. Last year, I was in Norfolk and saw most of these constellations easily. If one used Cassiopeia as a guide, the large W in the sky, all the rest are easy to find. Cygnus, the Swan, is obvious if one is in the country. Deneb is the brightest star in Cygnus.

I love London, but I could never stay here all of my life, as I cannot see the stars and the planets. But, God may have other plans for me. When I am in Ireland, I shall see many more stars, but the rain clouds obstruct the views many nights.

Also, if one looks at the map, one can see that the night sky for England would be slightly different in Ireland, which is so much farther north than where I have been.

Cetus, the Whale is also clear. Mira is the brightest star in Cetus.  Happy star gazing.