Recent Posts

Friday 7 September 2012

Number of Posts and the Time for Decision

As those who follow this blog can see, I have posted 100s of articles in the past month and a week. I am moving to Ireland at the end of the month and access to the Internet will be limited. I hope to keep blogging, and will let you all know. Blogging depends on several things which may be out of my control. Stay with me here until I let you know the details, which are in the pipeline.

God has given all of us Catholics a window of opportunity to preach the Gospel each in our own ways. As long as we are true to the Church and remain in sanctifying grace, the Trinity dwells within us. Our baptism calls us to evangelize. This call is not an option, but a command from Christ Himself.

Bloggers, blog. Media gurus, make your videos and DVDs. Dads and Moms, home school your children. Singles, make real decisions and real commitments. Do not float. Do not put off following a vocation.


Do it now. I repeat a prayer of Blessed Cardinal John Henry Newman here. This prayer is about YOU.


God has created me to do Him some definite service. He has committed some work to me which He has not committed to another. I have my mission. I may never know it in this life, but I shall be told it in the next. I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons. He has not created me for naught. I shall do good; I shall do His work. I shall be an angel of peace, a preacher of truth in my own place, while not intending it if I do but keep His commandments. Therefore, I will trust Him, whatever I am. I can never be thrown away. If I am in sickness, my sickness may serve Him, in perplexity, my perplexity may serve Him. If I am in sorrow, my sorrow may serve Him. He does nothing in vain. He knows what He is about. He may take away my friends. He may throw me among strangers. He may make me feel desolate, make my spirits sink, hide my future from me. Still, He knows what He is about.