Recent Posts

Sunday 22 July 2012

A note on private revelations AGAIN

It is our responsibility as laity to follow the teachings of the Church, including the CDF's guidelines, comments, warnings, and condemnations of certain private revelations. I am concerned, very, about good Catholics taking time to run after seers instead of paying attention to the reasons from the Vatican as to why they are not approved.

Doctrinal errors are a litmus test. Obedience to Rome is a litmus test. Either one is obedient or not.

Recently, a person have explained to me that bishops and at least one cardinal have attended or visited a certain seer. Of course, this is one hearsay. I told her that I did not care as I go by what the CDF has stated. That one bishop or even cardinal in the world or even two are disobedient to Rome would not be a new situation.

The problem is that the laity do not know the Faith. The vast majority of people who follow seers have never read the CCC or gone to the Vatican website, or read blogs, such as this one, which clarify certain situations by referring to Rome.

Either one wants to be obedient or not. I would not give away my precious soul to any seer. I wait until Rome approves before even reading prayers or documents on visions. If I cannot be obedient in little things, I cannot be obedient in big things. Would you go to hell for disobedience because a bishop or cardinal visited a seer which has been condemned or warned against by the CDF? Not me. And we do not need private revelations, as what has been given through the Bible and Tradition can keep a Catholic busy reading and meditating for the rest of her life.

Read, pray, act. Love the Church. The Church is our safety net. It is our duty to follow the Teaching Magisterium of the Church and NOT trust our own judgment.

God will not protect you, if you are disobedient. He will let you go your own way until you are open to His Plan, which is salvation through the Catholic Church.